Tuesday, August 19, 2014

ROARing In The New School Year!

We have officially begun the 2014-15 school year!


I have to say we began this year in the most AWESOME way!  By taking a trip to the Science Museum of Minnesota and exploring the seasons' special Ultimate Dinosaurs Exhibit as well as all the other fun things that are at the museum!


As you can see we had such a busy day, my littlest couldn't even stay awake for 10 minutes after departing the museum!

We went Sunday (Yes, we started school on a Sunday but it was fun so that's okay.) as a kick off into this months' science unit which is, you guessed it, DINOSAURS!

I've been so excited about this unit, as I worked so hard to prepare my littles' paleontologist journals and planning our six week dinosaur adventure.  

It's only been two days into school but all in all I'd say they are enjoying playing the part of paleontologist!

They each have their very own field journal...


In which they'll be recording the things they learn about these ancient reptiles...


Today they really enjoyed the fossil center in which they got to make fossils of their own in play-dough...


...and then take pictures of their dough fossils!



If you're interested in this dinosaur unit you can find it at my TPT store Learning With Littles.



Now I'm just hoping the rain will go away and it will dry up for our dinosaur dig tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment