Monday, August 11, 2014

T Minus 7 Days

One week from today we will be starting school.  Admittedly I have mixed emotions about this.  On one hand I am not ready for summer to end.  I want playful summer days to continue infinitely and I'm not ready for my kids to be another school year older.  On the other hand I love teaching my kids and learning along side them and I'm so excited to start some of the activities that I've been prepping for over the summer.

On Sunday we go to the Science Museum of Minnesota to see...


Sunday's trip to the museum will kick off our Dinosaur Unit on Monday.


We're also going to be doing a Fairy Tale Unit featuring the books:

Goldilocks and the Three Bears
The Three Little Pigs
Hansel and Gretel
Little Red Riding Hood
and
Jack and the Bean Stock.

I was so excited when I saw that Kohl's Cares was featuring a few of these books from one of my beloved series as a child, Little Critter.  I scored these three while shopping at Kohl's a couple of weeks ago...


...and can't wait to use them with our Fairy Tale Unit and many other snuggle times on the couch with my littles!

I do not have a Fairy Tale Unit per se.  However, I have a Story Elements Unit that we'll be using in conjunction with our Fairy Tales, and the posters included feature Fairy Tale graphics...


We'll be reading the Fairy Tales mentioned above and discussing them using the organizers in this packet and then my littles will be writing their own Fairy Tales to cap off the unit! 

These units will be a great addition to our curriculum and I think my littles will really enjoy them also!










No comments:

Post a Comment